This page lists non-workshop job openings at Handi-Crafters.
For individuals with barriers to traditional employment, please refer to our Programs Page.
NEW JOB OPENING 4/15/15:
Assistant to Director of Production
This individual will be responsible of all aspects of daily manufacturing and short term planning. Education: High school diploma, bachelor degree in business or engineering preferred; Experience: Minimum two years relevant experience in high volume, contract packaging environment, minimum two years supervisory experience, knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques. Skills: Strong leadership and supervisory skills; strong verbal abilities; computer proficiency and ability to maintain computerized records, data base, inventory system; great people and organizational skills. Ability to use forklift, reach truck and power jack.
The Assistant to Director of Production reports to the Director of Production and directly supervises over 20 temporary employees.
- Short term planning
- Daily production scheduling
- Supervise the daily manufacturing operation
- Determine optimal job set-ups for the workshops
- Act as a support and facilitator for the workshop supervisors and warehouse personnel
- Continuously review operations using lean manufacturing principles
- Assure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assure the quality control standards
- Participate in staff selection, training and performance monitoring.
The position is full time with competitive salary and benefits package. EOE. Send resume to Mariana Tarau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back or bookmark this page for future job opening announcements.
Handi-Crafters is an equal opportunity employer.